Sunday, June 11, 2006

What am I getting into?

Last night, I went and offer to help with working on the handicap issues we had at Balticon40. I ended up trying not to use the wheelchair as much as possible during the convention. I'm worried that off all the problems we listed at the meeting last night, the carpet and people who have mobility impairments, are two things that just aren't solved by talking to the hotel.

I do want to make sure the staff and volunteers are more sensitive to the issues. I'm rather upset that people who could walk, but were limited someway, got written off as non-handicap. Having grown up with invisable handicaps, I am too well versed in how it feels. It's why I like the use the cane even on days that I feel find when I leave the house. I never know how long I can walk before my hips and legs start to hurt.

I just hope I can get few other folks to help me address the problems we identifed. I know without some help with the things I can't do well, like writing and phone calls, I be overwhelm quickly. All I can do is my best and hope all works out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home